Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Day 30: Little Girl Stuff



I'm honestly not sure what to say today.  I really have absolutely nothing prepared.  You'd think that being home yesterday all day because of the hurricane would give me time to blog, but between trying to get some of my job work done, cleaning a lot around the house, getting Samantha's homework done and giving in occasionally to her pleas to come play with her, I had little time to even think about blogging.  I need to write a post about Samantha's experience on Sunday, bowling for the first time, but editing photos isn't high on my list of stuff that needs to be done asap right now, and edited pictures are necessary for the post. 

I tried to be productive yesterday, and managed to have Sammi parked in front of the TV for only half of it, but that TV time also included a viewing of Disney's temporarily re-released, digitally re-mastered, wallet-gouging dvd, Cinderella, which I purchased over the weekend.  Samantha has never seen Cinderella, although, like any other little girl, knows and loves her.  I, on the other hand, had seen the movie when I was her age, owned the soundtrack on vinyl, along with the accompanying picture book sewn into the album cover itself, and loved it.  Something about the music, the clothes, the prince...you know, little girl stuff.   As with all other little girl rights-of-passage, I was totally excited to introduce Sammi to the film, to watch her as she watched it, and to watch it again, myself, after so much time. 

Other than two occasions in which Samantha got up and turned the video off (apparently old kings and arch dukes aren't very interesting to little girls), she seemed to love it.  What's not to love?  My favorite part of the observation, in addition to my post-film instruction of how to say bibbity bobbitty boo, was when one of the ugly step-sisters was about to try the glass slipper on, saying to the arch duke, "oh, the slipper is MINE!"  Samantha shrieked, "No!  That's Cinderella's slipper!"  Guess no check-for-understanding was needed this time...

And guess what??  Apprently Brave is being released in a few weeks!! 

That one can wait for Christmas.

4 comments:

Not a Perfect Mom said...

Brooke is Cinderella for Halloween tomorrow...
it's a classic!

Becky said...

Yes, Cinderella. A favorite around here for sure. This is one of the first Halloweens where we are not some type of princess! We have yet to see Brave...

Leah said...

My mom took me to Cinderella as a little girl too. I don't remember the scenes or anything. But I remember my mom scooping me from the bath and leaving my little sister behind as we went out- big little girls only!

Lisa said...

Cate's never really gotten into Cinderella - she more of a Belle girl. I think maybe I tried to get her to watch it too young because I was so excited to see it again myself! I was hoping to save Brave for Christmas as well but my husband let the cat out of the bag yesterday so Lucy will not let that happen.