Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day 22: Some Stuff for Saturday

I'll keep this brief today (say it isn't so!!!)

Thank you to Deb, over at Four Blessings of Mine for featuring me in her Blogger Showcase today!  I'm thrilled to have been asked.  Please visit her blog, and feel free to leave a comment!

And thank you to everyone who visited me in the Blog Hop yesterday - that was a lot of fun (once I actually got a chance to spend a little bit of time on the computer), and I found some great new blogs and got some new visitors to mine!  Raising awareness, spreading the word, making new friends...that's what it's all about!  Oh, and showing off our awesome kids, too...  :-)  Thank you to Erin at Crazy Beautiful Love for organizing!

Not sure what I'll be posting tomorrow yet, but the Q&A will continue on Monday.  By the way, Katey in South Africa - please e-mail me at bateminx@yahoo.com, and I'll put you in touch with our Parent to Parent coordinator who may be able to help you and your organization with some ideas for a similar program to reach out to new parents. 

Btw, just got a Toshiba Thrive tablet.  Can anyone recommend some great, fun, educational apps for Samantha?  It's on the Android platform.  On my phone I've been restricting myself to the free apps (since the screen space is so limiting, why waste the money?), but with the tablet, I'm definitely inclined to spend a few bucks to get something good from time to time.

2 comments:

Anna said...

the blog hope was AWESOME! I spent WAY too much time on the computer. (had great visitors too) Keep us posted how the app search goes- havent decided which tablet we want.

Kimberly said...

Do you have any apps yet? I googled top rated android kids apps and got a lot of hits. The grandparents are buying a tablet for the girls for Christmas, but as we haven't tried it out yet, I don't know which ones are good yet, but I am excited to find out. Also, if you are looking for anything specific but you can't find it, Q has told me he will write apps for me that we need for our kiddos if I give him specific design specifications.