Thursday, November 11, 2010

In the Valley of the Dinosaurs: Look Out, Little Girl!!!!

As promised, here are pics from Dinosaur Land, nestled in the woods in Virginia's beautiful Shenandoah Valley.  We didn't stay long because it was so freaking cold, but it was an awful lot of fun!  We followed this visit with a very rare trip to Mickey D's and Samantha's first Happy Meal.  I'm not proud of that fact.  We were hungry and it was the first thing available.  And personally, I don't see any issues when something like that is doled out in moderation.  And she drank milk with it.  Funny how we feel the need to defend that, but I guess that's just how things are these days.  Well, that and the fact that I seriously need to lose about 35 lbs. and am feeling a bit defensive anyway.  :-)


4 comments:

Nathan'smama said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I don't take my kid out for a lot of fast food, but when I do I feel bad, and I wonder what people are thinking about me. Probably nothing! I think treats are okay for all of us sometimes. :)

Cathy said...

That looks awesome! And the whole food thing...I swore I would never give Lily all that processed stuff. Now...I just want her to eat SOMETHING! ANYTHING! Her feeding therapist recommends all kinds of things and I always say to myself "No way." Yesterday I bought the recommended Cheetos Puffs...and sigh...she loves them. Even signed for more with her little day-glo orange fingers.

Unknown said...

that is so cool!! we are so jealous..Maximus would go crazy over this park! what a fab day..smiles

Renee said...

Looks like Wesley would love dinoland. Regarding McD- you are super woman if that was her first happy meal!:)