Wednesday, September 23, 2009

It's Here! Get It While It's Hot!


Yes, you heard correctly...the 2010 DSANV calendar, "The Eyes are the Mirrors..." is now here! I can't believe it's been a whole year already since I completed the 2009 calendar, and the last 6 months of working on this one went by so quickly. Once again, I had wonderful photographers to work with, photographing some truly beautiful and amazing people (see the lovely cover girl, Stella, from Audrey and Stella's Playground). Our models, or ambassadors, if you like, hopefully will help to raise awareness of the beauty, intellect, joy and complexity of people with Down syndrome. Of course the majority of people who purchase or view this calendar are people whose lives have already been touched by Ds in some way, but I know that changing minds and removing stereotypes of even just one person that would otherwise have no connection to Ds, is worth sooooo much.
>

The calendar can be purchased for $10.00 plus shipping at http://www.dsanv.org/ (the link is partway down the home page, and may still be for the 2009 calendar--we're working on an update, but you can still use it to order!). This will make a great holiday present for your OBs and pediatricians, btw. My OB has our 2009 calendar hanging in her office now. That definitely makes me feel so supported, and gives me so much hope that others will see it and know that the trip to Holland is a good one.

6 comments:

Monica Crumley said...

What a beautiful calendar! You did a great job! Darling children ambassadors.

Becca said...

Oh, I guess I should make a quick note to say that there are adults featured in the calendar, too! :-)

Carol N. said...

Looks amazing - I love the photo of the little guy looking over his glasses - way too cute!

evrfwd said...

the calendar looks lovely! I'm gonna get a couple, pronto. =)

Anonymous said...

Yippee! Becca, I have been waiting for this to come out! I just got the MN DS Association calendar and now I will have this one to put up at work! My co workers have been asking if I will have the new one for the new year! It's a hit in my NICU!! Can't wait to get mine. Thanks for all your hard work each year getting it together. You are an amazing advocate for Sammy and Molly.

Sun said...

That looks so great.
When we were in the hospital right after Riley was born our social worker came and gave us a calendar that our state support group had made. It took me a few days to open it because I was afraid of what I would find. We didn't know until he was born that he had Ds and every terrible stereotype kept running through my head until I got the courage to open up that calendar and was greeted by so many beautiful smiling faces. I know first hand how powerful these calendars can be because looking at one was a big turning point for me.