At 40-something, I have the skin of a teenager. Like, really. And not the soft, dewey, rosy-cheeked kind that looks beautifully sun-kissed even in winter, but the oily, combination kind that you can probably play connect-the-dots with. Actually, I misrepresent a bit. While "the skin of a teenager" means that wrinkles are scarce, my skin has gotten a bit more "normal" over the last year or so, with breakouts also becoming scarce, and the return of some evenness of tone. I can finally feel a bit more like an adult and have a few more options available to me in skin-care products and make-ups.
But, it's relevant. I'm not being paid for this post, but Olay recently gave me a sample of Olay Total Effects tinted moisturizer with sunscreen to try out and review, along with the product information. My whole life I wished to be able to just throw on some tinted moisturizer and run (okay, not my whole life, but certainly since I was about 12), able to wear something sheer and non-cloying. And this stuff, I must say, is pretty great. I tried it over a couple of weekends. It went on smooth, had just enough coverage to add some color and a bit of healthy glow to my deathly pallor, and evened out my skin tone. And it felt good on my skin all day, never dry or oily.
By the way, the bottle was very, very cool! Not sure how it works, but I like the swirls...
Olay states that Total Effects fights the 7 signs of aging:
- Fine lines and wrinkles: reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Uneven Tone: balances and helps even out tone
- Age Spots: reduces appearance of discoloration
- Gentle Exfoliation: Improves surface cell turnover
- Dryness: provides nourishing moisturization
- Moisture Barrier: strengthens skin’s natural defense against moisture loss
- Luminosity: recaptures youthful luminosity
I am really looking forward to using this product in the summer, when a tinted moisturizer with sunscreen becomes even more necessary. While I love the product, I'd say the only drawback, which I hope Olay can correct, is the smell. I know "smell" is a harsh word, but I don't know how else to describe it. It just didn't sit all that well with me. It wasn't scented - it was just the odor of the base products. But it won't stop me from using it. :-)
Learn more from Olay, and visit them on Facebook or Twitter!
Now, the extra-fun part! Olay has given me a $25.00 Walmart gift card to give to one of my lucky readers! I have a few requirements here for extra entries for this drawing...
You'll get one entry for each of these items (you can bundle them all into one comment, though - just make sure you include your e-mail address!):
1) Tell me how *you* fight the aging of your skin (and don't give me the "I'm only 20-something" line - I'll just get jealous...)
2) "Like" my Fashion and Frugality (for Kids) Facebook page
3) "Follow" me my Fashion and Frugality (for Kids) blog!
I'll take entries through this Friday night (3/8). :-)
NOTE: Olay does not represent or warrant the accuracy of any statements or product claims made here, nor does it endorse any opinions expressed within this blogsite.