"Hello? Is anybody there? I need my ball, please," she called, over...and over...and over again.
I'm sure the whole neighborhood was wondering what mean things we were doing to torment our child.
And dang it, I was determined not to go get her ball back for her, since she'd purposely defied my instruction.
Not to mention, the gate handle gets stuck and I can't get it open anyway...
2) Stand by sweetly, innocently, guiltily while Daddy comes to the rescue. Then get told off by him when trying to throw it back over the fence again... (note the scolding finger...)
3) Play baseball. Briefly.
4) Flip hair dramatically over the shoulder while contemplating what naughty thing to do next with the ball.
5) Try repeatedly to throw the ball into the tree to get it stuck there. Fail repeatedly. Get Mommy to place it carefully up in the tree by hand to give the illusion that it was stuck.
6) Shake tree limb dramatically to try to get the ball down. Fail repeatedly yet again. Make Mommy pick all 50-something pounds of child up over her head so she can flick it out of the tree herself.
7) Just enjoy the day and be an awesomely cute kid. (I know this last one has nothing to do with a baseball...)