Monday, October 31, 2011

Day 31: The End

As the month of October draws to a close, I am both exhausted and exhilarated.  What a fun ride this 31 for 21 challenge has been!  I remember it being a blast last year as well, and while I knew it would be a stretch to commit to, I made it!!  I have really enjoyed reading everyone else's posts this month (when I could), and apologize for all of those I missed.  I think the challenge was less in the writing of my posts than it was in the attempt to read the posts of others.  Time was in great demand, both personally and professionally.

Tonight is Halloween, and as with every holiday/notabledaythatoccursannually, I look forward each year to Samantha's increased understanding and participation.  She's excited to don her pirate's costume and greet each neighbor with an "Arrrrrgh, matey" as she robs them of their  candy (to be more specific, I will be instructing her to select Reece's, Milky Ways and Twix).  Candy she'll only just get a taste of, as she so rarely has it, and we'd like to keep it that way. 

Yes, people, we are sending our child out to do our dirty work for us.

Hopefully I'll have pictures up tomorrow or Wednesday.

But until then, Happy Halloween, and even more importantly, Congratulations ALL on an awareness-filled month!

5 comments:

ethmeu said...

Isn't that the paradox of the day? We get the munchkins all dressed up, escore them while they get tons of candy, and then we tell our kids not to eat too much of it!

And I will be sending Caroline out to do my dirty work!

Education: Exploring Online Learning said...

I can't wait until Ellie is old enough to do my dirty work!

Rochelle said...

Hahaha, Dariya doesn't like sweets so I am sure we will have a loot from her! LOL!

teal915 said...

That's why we trick or treat too lol. Enjoyed reading your posts this month, and I agree, it was difficult to keep up on everyone's. I look forward to having more time to read all the new blogs I joined too.

My Little Wonders said...

It was a wonderful month of blogging ... I am so happy to have "discovered" your blog through the 31 for 21 Challenge. :)