Monday, March 21, 2011

Celebrating 91

Gamie turned an astounding 91 last week. 

Samantha and I were thrilled to be able to celebrate with her on our visit up to my homeland of South Jersey this weekend (which I'll write more about tomorrow).  It was a very sweet gathering of my mom and Ray, my Aunt Kathy, Uncle Joe and cousin Aaron, at the Assisted Living residence where my grandmother lives.  

Four generations in the room.  

I'm not sure if Gamie truly knew who Sammi and I were, but she did seem to be having a really good day, enjoying the moment, watching Samantha play, making a wish and blowing out the candles.

I wonder what she wished for...   

Great grandmother and great granddaughter. 

Aunt Kathy made a beautiful and delicious cake.
Good to the last crumb!
Samantha, growling and saying, "Ahhhhh!  So scary!"  Cracked herself up!

Mom and Gamie.


4 comments:

Rochelle said...

Oh Happy 91 years! So glad you were able to spend time and celebrate with her.

Unknown said...

I love family...I love what learn from our parents and parents parents! great pictures...I bet Sammie just ate it up...this was a specail time for you all...here to living to 90++++...smiles

Heather said...

What an incredible milestone.What an incredible blessing.



Not too shabby photos either.I continue to have photo envy each time I come here!

Crazy Beautiful Love said...

LOVE the last pic. The back wall makes such a good contrast pic. 91! Amazing! Thanks for sharing. :)