Monday, March 30, 2009

Some Stuff I Forgot To Mention In My Last Post

Okay, so I admit it, I was naughty and wrote that last post while I was at work today. I did work through lunch though... However, I missed some things I wanted to mention. First of all, the models for 2009 were/are all GORGEOUS. The calendar truly highlights how beautiful people with Down syndrome are. The calendar theme was "The Eyes Are the Mirrors", and will be again for 2010. The focus was on the beauty, intellect, enthusiasm, determination, intensity and wisdom as seen in their eyes. I'd like to find more of an outlet for social outreach into the community this year, so for all you local folks that may want to help out in some way with the project, I really, really need some people to find local businesses (toy stores, children's clothing stores, book stores, etc.) that may be willing to sell them in their stores. The calendar is not a money maker--it's a vehicle for awareness. The more ability we have to distribute it outside of our membership, the more we can reach the public and local communities, and the greater our voice will become. Please drop me a line if you have any ideas or would like to help out!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Count me in- I have a few ideas for some local businesses to approach with the idea. : )